No-Makeup Makeup Look

0 Comments
I wore this look to welcome my dad and stepmom to Atlanta. I hadn't seen either of them in over three years, so I didn't want to scare them away with anything too crazy. This is my "I'm glowing and adult-like; fawn over me" face. Products used and tips after the jump.
I used the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette pretty heavily in this look.


I enjoy this primer more than I thought that I would. It's really good about covering up large pores without being too heavy. I've only used it a few times, so I can't give a super accurate review of how long it lasts or anything, but from what I can gather so far, it's a pretty decent primer. I definitely like it better than their eye primers.

This is my absolute favorite foundation right now. You don't technically need to use it with a primer, but you can if you've got uneven skin you're worried about. You only need a pea sized amount of this to get a really nice "Beyonce I woke up like this" coverage. It looks like skin. I get compliments on this foundation all the time, and people have a hard time believing I'm wearing foundation. It also has an SPF30, so that's an extra benefit.

I've been killing this concealer lately because it's just barely a shade lighter than my skin, so it gives me a little bit of glow without looking obvious. It's super thick, but still blends really cleanly, and lasts a long time.

I only set my undereye area with powder, so the rest of my skin maintained that nice natural look. If I can get away with it, I try not to use powder on my face at all (eyeshadow excluded), because I've got really dry skin and it just seems to always look obvious. This is my favorite finishing powder right now because it's super soft, so it blends really nicely and doesn't oxidize at all.

I love to use this as a bronzer on fair skin. It's just brown enough that it gives a "I just got out of the sun" look, but has enough pink in it that it makes sense for very fair/pink skin. You can almost use it as a contour if you want. It's very versatile and always looks natural.

I don't have dedicated brow products (yet! Stay tuned for a massive Tarte haul), so I basically just use a little bit of eyeshadow to define my brows a little bit. I've always had strong brows, so they've never needed a lot of help. They just look a little cleaner with a little shadow run through them with an angled liner brush. Define the bottom line of the brow, and brush the rest of the product through with a clean spoolie. Insta-natura-brow.

This is my favorite eyeshadow primer I've tried. I know a lot of people are dedicated to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I really prefer the Smashbox one. It stays longer for me, you use so much less of it per eye, and it's a little bit thicker, so it's good for oily lids. A little bit goes a long way.

Always start with a base shadow color that's close to your skin color. I used Skimp in the Naked2 Basics. I didn't think I would use this palette very much when I first got it, but I've been reaching for it a lot more lately. It's so versatile and easy to use. Skimp is the perfect base shadow color for my fair skin. I then defined my crease just a little with Cover, heavily blending so no sharp edges are visible. I didn't use a dedicated eyeliner for this look, because a black would look too obvious, so I used Undone with an angled liner brush and just defined the outer third of my eye on both the top and bottom, as close to the lash line as I could get. Simply lining the outer third of your eye will give the impression of larger eyes, and longer lashes.

I reach for this mascara when I want nice, natural, defined lashes. It's super black, but it doesn't add a lot of volume, so it stays looking clean and not too heavy. I love the brush, mainly for the shape. It's wider on the end, so you can fan the lashes on the outer edge of your eye and really lift and curl them. It also stays put and doesn't smudge or itch, and I've got pretty sensitive eyes. I also cry a lot. For real. It doesn't smudge.

This was unfortunately discontinued at Ulta, but it's still available through the Juice Beauty website. I love Juice Beauty skincare, and when I received this lipstick, I was super excited to try it out. It feels like balm, and is a true "my lips but better" color. It's moisturizing, it doesn't feather out, and it's fairly long lasting. If you look for cruelty free, organic, long lasting, quality makeup, definitely hit up Juice Beauty. I've been really enjoying their line lately.

It smells like lemons, it's a huge honking bottle, you need two sprays, and it's less than $20. Urban Decay who? This is a fantastic setting spray, it makes your face feel clean, and it makes your freaking makeup stick to your face. It's good shit.










You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.